Cope Pattern with Hood
Brand Ecclesiastical Sewing
Cope Vestment Making Pattern
Our full-size cope vestment pattern has two options for the orphrey band.
- A wide orphrey band of approximately 7 inches.
- A narrow orphrey band that is approximately 4 to 5 inches.
- It features a full semicircle back that is graced with a large cope hood.
- The hood measures approximately 20 to 22" wide, and 16" long.
The priest cope pattern is printed on two large sheets of paper. The Center back is placed on a fold. Some large pattern pieces may require piecing. Fabric will require seaming prior to cutting.
- 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 yards for cope and shield.
- Orphrey bands require approximately 2 yards of material (may be contrasting fabric).
- Additional fabric may be needed to match pattern repeat or one-way layouts.
- Suitable fabrics include: Religious brocade fabrics, tapestry fabrics, brocatelle fabrics, silk damask and brocades, silk dupioni to name a few. Please see our complete line of liturgical fabrics.
The Cope pattern is sold with limited instructions and assumes the user knows construction techniques and is able to sew without detailed written instructions. Written instructions on How to make cope vestments will be available in late 2018.
- - Patterns may be used to create your own garments for personal use or to give or sell to others.
- - You may use patterns to create your own designs for publication provided proper credit is given to Ecclesiastical Sewing.com.
- - Patterns may not be copied or sold on third party sites.
- - Patterns may not be resold or distribute in any format.
- - Patterns may not be uploaded to any file sharing websites for any purpose.
- - Patterns may not be copied for any reason.
- - Patterns may not be altered or modified and claimed as your own designs.
- - Patterns may not be used to create other files or designs.
- - Patterns may not be used to create products for mass production or large commercial use.