3.5" Inch Wide Pastoral, Priest Stole Pattern
Brand Ecclesiastical Sewing
The 3.5" pastoral or priest stole pattern is designed to accommodate a variety of heights. It has cutting lines for a 46" and 55" finished length. The narrower width works well for those wanting a stole that can be worn on the side as a deacon, and later worn on the front as a priest stole. The length can easily be changed to allow for a hem that is plain with no trim, or a hem trimmed with fringe, or tassels.*
The 3.5" inch stole pattern also has a lengthen and shorten line to allow for further customization. The stole pattern has notches on all of the pieces to add with matching long straight seamlines. There is a marking on the stole lining for the placement of a cord or chain which helps lift the stole back a slight amount from the wearer's neck. Other features of the 3.5" wide pastoral or priest stole include a separate lining and interfacing piece cut to specific sizes, based on formal tailoring techniques and pattern making for custom high end tailored garments. This feature gives the finished stole a distinct finish, which looks professional and well made, imitating a finely tailored garment
The instructions and construction style make this stole a nice project for beginner and professional alike.
Suggested fabrics: Silk dupioni, brocades, silk damasks, metallic brocades, tapestry fabrics, wool gaberdines. Not suitable or designs for stretch fabrics or fabrics containing Lycra.
Interfacing fabrics: 100% cotton canvas
- Patterns may be used to create your own garments for personal use or to give or sell to others.
- You may use patterns to create your own designs for publication provided proper credit is given to Ecclesiastical Sewing.com.
- Patterns may not be copied or sold on third party sites.
- Patterns may not be resold or distribute in any format.
- Patterns may not be uploaded to any file sharing websites for any purpose.
- Patterns may not be copied for any reason.
- Patterns may not be altered or modified and claimed as your own designs.
- Patterns may not be used to create other files or designs.
- Patterns may not be used to create products for mass production or large commercial use.
All designs are copyrighted and are retained by Ecclesiastical Sewing, LLC with all rights reserved. It is illegal to reproduce or distribute copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright owner. This license is nontransferable.
Lining fabrics: cotton, broadcloth, satin, cotton sateen
Ecclesiastical Sewing also offers a selection of pre-cut stole fabric kits which include a face fabric, cotton canvas interfacing and satin lining fabric suitable for making one pastoral stole.
Stole Face Fabric yardage: 1 3/4 yards of 45", 54" or 60" fabric. Additional fabric may be needed to match pattern repeats.
Interfacing yardage: 1 3/4 yards 60" cotton canvas
Lining fabric yardage: 1 3/4 yard 45" or 60" fabric
Finished stole size: 3 1/2" wide by 46 or 55 inches in length
Pattern: Paper with black line image
Also included: written instructions with colored photos
* Pastoral/priest stole pattern contains a paper pattern and written instructions only. Fabrics, interfacing, lining, embellishments (trims), fringe, tassels, and chain or cord sold separately.